Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Hanging By a Thread



Science and Sons Park Planters, $150
Every once in a while, I come across a non-jewelry item that makes my day. (Shocking, I know.) The planter above is made by Science and Sons, a Canadian design company. Each planter is different scene of a moment in a park "Ranging from dog walkers to flashers and muggers, no two scenes are alike ensuring the autonomy of each piece."
I kind of love them. Don't look at the detail on the site if you have a little kid or easily shocked person hanging around!


And now, on to the meat and potatoes...
Necklaces on silk (or nylon) cord/thread have always made me swoon. They have an inherit fragility (the thread breaks easier than a metal) and the charms/ beads used are generally beautiful and delicate. Necessary by nature because a silk cord can't hold a heavy design. I don't wear the ones I have too often, but I love to admire them.


Anne Black Porcelain and Silk Necklace, $40


silver butterfly wing pendant on green silk, $58


forget-me-not flower pendants on red silk, $45



Beatrix Necklace, $30
After I saw Kill Bill 2, I looked every day for a Beatrix necklace (the one the Bride gave her daughter) and finally found an industrious blogger/ jeweler who was inspired. I've had this bookmarked for a year and have been unable to decide on a color. It's the little things, you know?



Dogeared Pearls of Friendship Necklace, $24



Ronni Kappos Cream and Color Tablet Necklace, $100



Wasabi Silver Disc Floating Necklace, $106



Margaret Solow Gemstone Necklaces on Nylon Cord, Prices Vary


Leaving early on this gorgeous day!

5 comments:

WendyB said...

Re color, how about in black?

In Yr Fshn said...

It should be so easy, right? Initially, I liked black and then I thought, well, cranberry might be interesting and so might navy. It's not like I would wear it every day, or that it's even expensive! Now I don't even know if I want it anymore! I'll have to watch the movie again to get re-inspired.

WendyB said...

LOL re not knowing if you want any more. Get black and another color and wear them together!

In Yr Fshn said...

:) Can you even fathom how I drive my bf crazy?
Maybe two colors... I'll mull it over. m!

WendyB said...

I finally looked at the planters. Hilarious!!!!