Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Today's Jewelry



Enamel heart earrings that look a little psychedelic, from a Cape Cod jewelry store (is it obvious that I acquire a lot of jewelry when I go on vacation?); my top half (newly acquired black Calvin Klein top); my bottom half (favorite diesels and teal converse); topaz ring that I've had for a very long time. That ring is a good indication of my tastes, and how little they've changed.

When I was in junior high, my house was inundated with catalogs: Signals, Sundance, Red Envelope and the like. I would carefully research every product I liked, and then present my mother with a fully annotated Christmas list at the end of the year, each entry rated for desirability with stars. What can I say? I liked to make things easy for my mom. This was one of the higher ranked entries and I've managed to hang onto it ever since.

4 comments:

WendyB said...

I'm distracted from the jewelry by your great hairdo! Love the Xmas list story. So cute!

In Yr Fshn said...

That's really nice to hear, especially considering I cut my own hair. My bf bought one of those cutting kits at Target so I would cut his hair, but after one hesitant attempt, I did a pretty good job but got way too stressed. He cuts his own now and does an amazing job. I do mine, my mom's and occasionally my grandma! (My hair person was in Williamsburg and it's been so hard to get out there now that I live on Long Island...)

WendyB said...

Wow! You must have a steady hand!

In Yr Fshn said...

Eh... on a good day!