Friday, October 19, 2007

Lalique

Isn't this gorgeous?


RENE LALIQUE (1860-1945)
Art Nouveau Ring ( c. 1904 )
Description / Expertise
'The Betrothal -To Have & To Hold'
Gold, enamel & peridot
Length: 1.6 cm (0.6 in) Width: 1.8 cm (0.7 in)
Signed: ‘LALIQUE’
French. Circa 1904
Literature: cf. Rene Lalique, Schmuck und Objects d'art
"An important & rare engagement ring"



Lalique is an artist perhaps best known for his art deco glass designs, but he was also one of the world's most recognized jewelry designers. I'll be doing a full post on him next week, but I couldn't let another day go by without posting this ring.

Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

WendyB said...

This reminds me of the scary Hitchcockian birds-in-tree photo you recently posted!

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

Oh wow it's so beautiful I love the color combination.

Mónica said...

It is awesome!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

So beautiful, I love art nouveau pieces.

riz said...

AHHH! I LOVE this!! Lalique is so gorgeous. There's this Lalique cross pendent I want...It's clear/translucent.

OSN said...

whoa.love it!

Fashion Tidbits said...

what a ring!

Debbie said...

It's gorgeous! It makes a girl look so powerful haha!

Flair said...

That ring is gorgeous! Can't wait for your post on him!

Anonymous said...

wow i adore tat ring, there seems to be a bit of darkness and power that surrounds it