Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Our Little Venture


Look how blase Mr. Hipster cat is

A few years ago, BF and I could be readily identified as hipsters. We lived in Williamsburg, Brooklyn and sulked down Bedford Ave with the best of them.

Even before we met, the seeds had been planted. He's older than me by about eight years, so he was hunting thrift stores while I was still being chaperoned by my parents to PG-13 movies. I caught up in college. In our own little orbits, we amassed piles of clothing. I have a closet brimming with vintage dresses. He has tupperwares bursting with tees. For almost a years, our hallway has been lined with about seven or eight bags. Stuff that doesn't fit or just doesn't get worn. Finally, this weekend, we got our act together.

BF and I are now the proud purveyors of a little ebay store called UrbanvintageNYC.
I've managed to get five things in to the store so far, and I'm pretty proud of the results. Why the shameless self-promotion, you ask? Because, my lovelies, I'll be posting jewelry soon! Keep an eye out...

4 comments:

Sarah Brown said...

Ooh, this is exciting!

WendyB said...

Yay! Congrats!

riz said...

i aspire to have a closet brimming with vintage dresses...

s.i. michaels said...

Too cool! Can't wait to see what trickles in.