Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Vintage Brooches: Animal, Vegetable, Mineral

*Taking a personal day tomorrow. See you Thursday!


Somebody, somewhere commented on vintage brooches and I just can't remember any of the details... This was inspired by the comment you left, whoever you are! Brooches equal my favorite way to dress up boring black winter coats.




Late 1940s Guilloche Locket Brooch, $135






Vintage Alice Caviness Daffodil Brooch, $39





1940s Lucite Reverse Painted Figure Pin, $245 (click on link to read the story behind this one)




Vintage 1948 Coro Patented Design Gold Plate Rhinestone Floral Spoon Brooch, $39.00 (Along with a copy of the patent!)




Sarah Coventry Apple Pin, $22




Jelly Belly Bird Pin, $85 (1940's, "jelly belly" refers to a style of jewelry in which a clear lucite center was used in lieu of metal/ enamel/ stone in the belly of the animal represented, whether it be a pin, necklace, or bracelet.)

16 comments:

WendyB said...

I love jelly belly jewelry! All of these are great picks. Have a good day tomorrow!

In Yr Fshn said...

I love jelly belly too! Maybe I should do an all jelly belly post.... hmmm. Anyhow, tomorrow's the big hospital day! Wish us all luck: Joe, cause he's getting cut open, and me, because my grandma and mom will be there.

WendyB said...

Oh dear! Good luck and best wishes to Joe! I will be hoping for the best.

Sally Jane Vintage said...

I love the vintage look of these pieces!

Unknown said...

I want to eat the Lucite pin. The colors are so pretty!

Valley Girl said...

I love the yellow flower!!!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Such fun and whimsical jewelry choices. I like jewelry that you can almost make up a story about, as if the pieces become characters...woah, I sound ridiculous.

WendyB said...

Heather, take that pin out of your mouth RIGHT NOW.

riz said...

I agree with you about brooches as great embellishments, I just want to learn the art of "sprinkling" them onto my clothes...

Bobble Bee said...

Always in love with brooches... wendy doesn't want to design an awl brooch though snif snif

Unknown said...

hey what's your e-mail, i'll send you the new cat power song.

Vintage Bunny said...

Hi,
May have been me but I am not sure.I am addicted to vintage brooches,I stick them on hats,coats,bags...anywhere

Flair said...

All so cute! Hope everything went well at the hospital.

In Yr Fshn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

the jelly belly really captures the imagination. i saw your most recent post - BEST THOUGHTS!!

Mónica said...

I love the yellow brooch, it's really cute