Thursday, May 1, 2008

Parade of Wolves

Wolf Parade Poster by El Jefe Design

Since their second EP, Wolf Parade has taken top awards (in my head) as best band. Ever. Well, maybe not ever. I know people get all huffy about The Beatles and whatnot. But Wolf Parade is my favorite band by a good margin: their first album, Apologies to the Queen Mary, has many more plays on my iPod than any other album. I also often obsess over the keyboardist to the point where he has individually become top o' my list of celebrities I am allowed to canoodle with, allowed by the BF. (I am pretty sure the BF knows this.)

Anyhow, these last two days have been utterly thrilling as I've been listening to their new album, At Mount Zoomer, and totally loving it.

Here's to Wolf Parade!


Wendy Brandes Isabella She-Wolf Necklace, price upon request until Wendy gets her website up




Recycled Gold Wolf Ring by Species by the Thousands, $300



Wolf Bracelet by Odin Lonning, $168 (designed in the Pacific Northwest style)




Wolf Tooth Necklace, $40


My little feline, pissed that I just woke her up and am taking pictures just as she's finishing a yawn. (If she were a human, she'd be all, "Don't you dare post this on the Internet for the world to see!" But since she cannot speak...)

10 comments:

WendyB said...

Yay for wolves! I'm just sending out a necklace in silver today....cat picture needs to be a lolcat!

s.i. michaels said...

I'd never heard of these guys when I saw them open for Arcade Fire a few years back. It was one of the few times where an opening band I'd never heard of became something I loved.

The cat picture is making me laugh.

Seeker said...

Great pieces.

I just love your cat!!

xx

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I used to be obsessed with werewolves...this is definitely the jewelry for a were-girl!

Elizabeth said...

I love the photo of your cat!

Elizabeth said...

And I forgot to say, the wolf stuff is cute. I'm afraid of the big, bad wolf, though.

riz said...

Clever post!! I've only listened to a couple songs by Wolf Parade. Honestly, you have got to write an 'essentials of indie rock' list or something.

Mónica said...

the last necklace is so cool. thanks for sharing

paperback reader said...

That Wendy necklace is awesome. I had a friend in college who was obsessed with wolves and he scared the crap out of me as a result.

Lauren said...

haha wolves are def big in music right now - wolf parade, sea wolf, to the song wolves at night - the list is endless :)